Hello and DTA.

raullozano3

Hello and DTA.

Post by raullozano3 »

First post, and already have two roasts on my new KL, I do have a question since I started right away with one of the core profiles targeting altitude, but I think I messed up with the settings, I started the profile with a medium dark Level 3.9, and then logged First Crack and notice my level adjusted so I went and set it to 3.9 again during the roast :), of course I did not read the companion :P. My DTR was around 30%

So I have a question with DTA, so on my next roast I will set my level high like 4.0 and then log FC then track DRT to the percentage I want and stop the roast.

One question, what does the auto adjusted Level when logging FC crack means ?

And on my next roast, will it follow the previous roast with the DTR I picked without logging FC again ? (assuming is the same beans and weight)

Sorry for the newbie questions :)

Thanks!
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Hello and DTA.

Post by kaffelogic »

raullozano3 wrote: Wed 08 Mar, 2023 4:08 am One question, what does the auto adjusted Level when logging FC crack means ?
Short answer is that it shouldn't do that and you have encountered a bug in the firmware. When you set the level it should stay set.

You have inadvertently received a beta version of the firmware at shipping. Although it will roast coffee perfectly well it is inconvenient to have to reset the level after logging first crack.

Your immediate solution is to roll back the firmware to version 7.8. To do this you need a Windows/Mac/Linux laptop.
  • Download and install Kaffelogic Studio from our downloads page.
  • Open Kaffelogic Studio and connect your roaster to the laptop with the supplied cable.
  • Select Tools > View roaster sync folders > Firmware > Install v7.8.3.1621
  • Follow the on-screen prompts.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact customer support if you have any problems with the process.
raullozano3

Post by raullozano3 »

Thanks for the response and clarification, will downgrade the firmware, Is the beta firmware for the boost kit, which I am also waiting to receive.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

v7.8 supports BOOST. You will be able to activate the BOOST feature without updating from that version.

However, we are preparing v7.9 for release. It will be a recommended update for use with BOOST which contains some improvements to the BOOST parameters. That update is still in beta with release still a week or two away.
RupertPupkin

Post by RupertPupkin »

Which firmware did you have?
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

The beta version that was inadvertently shipped to some customers was v7.9.4. The problems in that version have been addressed in v7.9.12-beta.