Green beans are available from several suppliers in NZ. See our FAQ for links.
Additional roast profiles are available from our community pages, where you can also make comments and ask questions.
Our support desk can be contacted by email: email@example.com.
- Instruction booklet - instructions on how to operate the Kaffelogic Nano 7.
- The Kaffelogic Roaster's Companion - read this if you want to develop your own roasting profiles.
- Roast record sheet - record your tasting notes 'offline'.
- Roast labels - label each batch and keep track of what you roasted when.
Software: Kaffelogic Profile Management Studio ver 3.1.4
Kaffelogic Profile Management Studio is used for viewing logs and designing profiles. To update, simply download and install the latest version over the older version. Read the release notes to see what's changed.
- Macintosh version: It's not in the App Store at this time, so you will need to follow these instruction from Apple when you install it.
Mac version 3.1.4 (Mac version designed for Kaffelogic Nano firmware version 7.3.5-7.3.9).
- Windows version: This software is digitally signed by Kaffelogic Ltd. Windows will warn you that it is an unrecognised app: choose to open it anyway. The important thing is to check that the software is showing 'Verified publisher: Kaffelogic Ltd' before you install it.
Windows version 3.1.4 (Windows version designed for Kaffelogic Nano firmware version 7.3.5-7.3.9).
- Linux version: built on Ubuntu 18 (64-bit). Mileage may vary with other versions of Linux. See our linux page for instructions and downloads.
If you are interested in installing the Profile Manager Software and trying it out before purchasing a roaster, you are welcome to go ahead and install the software. Here is an example of a log file for you to look at.
Firmware update ver 7.3.9
Your roaster will continue to work safely whether or not you update the firmware, but we recommend updating to get the latest features. Make a folder named kaffelogic with a subfolder named firmware on a memory stick. Copy the firmware update file to that subfolder. Then put the memory stick in the roaster. Hold start down while you turn the power switch on and the firmware will update off the memory stick. Read the release notes for more information.
The Nano 7 comes pre-loaded with a default profile called "K-logic classic." This profile makes a fantastic job of most coffee varieties at a medium roast. Experiment to see which level of roast you prefer.
Additional roast profiles are available from our community pages. To start with there are only a few different profiles available, but this will change as more get added. Once you have found the profile you want, download it and open it with Kaffelogic Profile Management Studio. Put a USB memory stick in and click "Save to USB". Then put the USB memory stick into the roaster and press the 'profile' button. This will let you load the new profile into the machine. Adjust the level, and you are ready to roast.
Development of additional specialised profiles is under way.
This interactive coffee taster's flavour wheel is a useful resource for those of you who are developing profiles.