Roast Level Glitching?

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
64minutes

Roast Level Glitching?

Post by 64minutes »

Hello everyone, first post on this forum here.

Been enjoying my Nano so far. However, ever since updating to the latest firmware (Version 7.13.9.1881) and latest Studio, my roaster has been saving roast levels as some nonsensical float values since 1 Apr. (see screenshot) The roaster will also indicate the same long float value on the console.

The correct values are around 2.9 and 3.0 based on my roast profile's definition of roast levels vis-a-vis drop temperature.

Anyone else having this issue and knows how to resolve it?

My concern would be the roaster's ability to repeat roasts if the roast levels are saved incorrectly.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.34.42 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.34.42 AM.png (194.07 KiB) Viewed 143 times
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Roast Level Glitching?

Post by kaffelogic »

The fix for this issue is now available for beta testing here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... M99T-ccOit
Ron in Van

Post by Ron in Van »

Hi all,
I did my first roast with the new live tracking feature and this latest firmware (KN1007B-7.13.11.1883.rp2040 that I downloaded from the Google drive as per above post). It seemed to work fine for me.

I did four 170gm roasts back to back. I got a fault (see error message in attached photo) at the end of the first batch. I could not clear it without restarting the roaster. It did not give the error on the subsequent three batches. All data in the log files looked correct.

All seemed to work well. It is nice to be able to log the CC and FC on the computer. Really looking forward to being able to get the Wifi module for realtime control of the profile. I am also hoping we will be able to run it on an iPad.

Here is the attachment again, I guess I didn't complete the upload the other day.
Nano Error Message.jpeg
Nano Error Message.jpeg (499.54 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Last edited by Ron in Van on Sat 06 Apr, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Virterm

Post by Virterm »

Ron in Van wrote: Fri 05 Apr, 2024 12:34 pm Hi all,
I did my first roast with the new live tracking feature and this latest firmware (KN1007B-7.13.11.1883.rp2040 that I downloaded from the Google drive as per above post). It seemed to work fine for me.

I did four 170gm roasts back to back. I got a fault (see error message in attached photo) at the end of the first batch. I could not clear it without restarting the roaster. It did not give the error on the subsequent three batches. All data in the log files looked correct.

All seemed to work well. It is nice to be able to log the CC and FC on the computer. Really looking forward to being able to get the Wifi module for realtime control of the profile. I am also hoping we will be able to run it on an iPad.
You forgot to attach the photo of the error message…
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

The "Unexpected excep" error can occur in rare cases by chance. If it goes away after power-cycling the roaster, as you have described, then it is safe to ignore it. Action is only required if it occurs persistently.