Plug compatibility

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
domi

Plug compatibility

Post by domi »

Hi!

I’m the proud new owner of a Nano 7 that was delivered to my doorstep today. This may well be the unit that has travelled the farthest away from home:

I was very impressed by the quality of the packaging and the fact no plastic or other harmful materials were used. I do have one problem (that I was aware of beforehand), however: my Nano 7 came with a plug that is not compatible with what we use in continental Europe. So my question is: should I cut the cord at the outter end and connect a compatible plug (Shuko)? Or should I open up the unit, disconnect the cord (assuming it’s not soldered) and replace the entire cord with one that features a compatible plug?

Thanks,

Dominique
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Plug compatibility

Post by kaffelogic »

domi wrote: Thu 15 Aug, 2019 4:50 am So my question is: should I cut the cord at the outter end and connect a compatible plug (Shuko)? Or should I open up the unit, disconnect the cord (assuming it’s not soldered) and replace the entire cord with one that features a compatible plug?
Hi Dominique, good to hear from you. Your best choice is to cut the cord close to the plug and fit a compatible plug. Replacing the entire cord is best left to a qualified service technician.

You have received an Australasian model which is optimised for 240V supply as available in Australia and New Zealand. You may experience some problems with the lesser amount of heat available at voltages below 225V. Let us know how it goes.
domi

Re: Plug compatibility

Post by domi »

Your best choice is to cut the cord close to the plug and fit a compatible plug.
Thanks! I just bought a suitable plug. Just to make sure (I’m not a very technical person): yellow-green is earth and blue and brown can be connected whichever way, right?
You have received an Australasian model which is optimised for 240V supply as available in Australia and New Zealand. You may experience some problems with the lesser amount of heat available at voltages below 225V. Let us know how it goes.
We should have 230V/50Hz here in Finland. Has the Nano 7 a feature that will let it "sense" the power it’s getting without actually roasting, or is it only determined while roasting, if/when a profile requires more power than can be supplied?

I was expecting to receive beans from Holland at around the same time as my roaster, but the shipment has been delayed, so I have nothing to roast for now :(