Preventetive maintenance

Virterm

Preventetive maintenance

Post by Virterm »

I've completed approximately 65 roasts so far and I'm thoroughly enjoying the product. However, I've come across some distressing stories about people losing their storage or sync capabilities due to maxing out their limited storage on the machine.

I don't mind relocating some logs "offsite" to a different folder where they can reside on my laptop without impacting the storage on the unit. However, I need to understand how to do this correctly. I don't want to corrupt the KL, so following the proper process is crucial.

Should I move the files away from the logs folder BEFORE I connect to the unit? Or should I do it once connected? How do I sync thereafter, ensuring that my computer will override the KL? What is the recommended process? Same question about profiles that I potentially modified on my laptop and mabe changed a short-description?

If this information is documented somewhere, I apologize for missing it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it in a clear and digestible format.
rosemarycole6

Re: Preventetive maintenance

Post by rosemarycole6 »

KL studio will display a message when your memory is full. I now routinely copy the log files off to secondary storage and delete them off the roaster before being told.

Your KL roaster will have a sync directory on your laptop and when you connect it syncs up the folder with your roaster.
Virterm

Re: Preventetive maintenance

Post by Virterm »

I fully understand the logic behind it, but I am not sure about how to update the profile on the roaster with the one modified locally?
I am assuming that deletions are to be performed once KL is connected to my Mac, I don’t see any other way…
Just trying to be careful :)