Choppy ROR after 1st crack

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
dynamiteroll

Choppy ROR after 1st crack

Post by dynamiteroll »

Anyone else seeing this in their machine? I checked some klogs of others and they seem smoother than what I am seeing - granted for different settings.
Attachments
log0028.klog
Smooth - Steve's dark Brazil
(81.52 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
log17128.klog
Choppy - Sumatra Karo
(79.31 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Geronimo

Re: Choppy ROR after 1st crack

Post by Geronimo »

Hi

My RoR is pretty choppy, but I have in General options (under Options menu), the RoR y-axis multiplier set at 5, and RoR smoothing of logs (secs) set at 10.

Also looking at your log17128, from 2’41” to near the end says 9’31”, you could run a power profile. Look in the documentation (The Kaffelogic Roasters Companion) to see if it will work for you. In effect between the times mentioned, your power curve will in effect to a straight line with a gradient. The PID multipliers are set to zero, so the PID controller has no influence on the roast.

Food for thought for beans that maybe causing issues with the power curve. In your case here it’s pretty good, but for experimenting might be worth a crack.

Cheers
G
dynamiteroll

Re: Choppy ROR after 1st crack

Post by dynamiteroll »

Bro I forgot to respond. Thanks for your input.

I did try the powerzone and it did tame the ROR a bit - definitely something to work on. I've had some good success with powerzones but not consistently. Sometimes the beans just get unruly like teenage girls. lol