Chaff collector hight

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
BenN

Chaff collector hight

Post by BenN »

Is that only me wishing of chaff collector is tad taller like extra 3~5 cm...

I had a modified collector before new official one with 18cm glass tube.
I did that to avoid bean to jump in mix with chaff collected and worked.

With new one and boost kit with larger volume, it more evident that bean jumping into collector often.
I guess it not too difficult to create extension between rube and lid? may be slightly lager correcting bucket as well for prevent chaff to block air vent often with 200g of Brazil bean that produce ton of chaff.

Just thinking out loud... :roll:
Ben
Cyberness

Re: Chaff collector hight

Post by Cyberness »

No, it is not just you. I wish it would taller too especially after Boost kit arrived. For now I'm planning to make some extension with 3D printer. But still wonder how manufacturer tested it, if they did.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I saw on FB that someone put the old chaff collector on top of the new (glass) one and it worked well.
Also solved the issue of fan speed
When (if) my new chaff collector and boost kit arrive, I'll be trying this combo as well
rosemarycole6

Post by rosemarycole6 »

I'm holding off buying the boost kit as I'm still relatively new to this roaster, but you would think that the glass top/chaff collector would sit atop the boost kit so that the whole thing was taller.
BenN

Post by BenN »

No. The boost ring will be inside the glass tube.
Ben