Where to start adjusting

DutchFink

Where to start adjusting

Post by DutchFink »

Hi everybody!

Roasting Brazilian beans I saw it took 5 minutes before the beans started moving. Than they moved for about 30 secs and then they stopped moving. At 7 minutes (1,5 min later) they started again. I saw some black beans and were afraid the roast was spoiled. However, the endresult looked quite good. Four black beans but the others looked ok. I think 5 minutes is too long to lay still, so I think I will adjust the profile (copy of it, of course). But ... looking at KL-Studio I see a lot of parameters ... I think it is best to increase the fan speed at the beginning, but I also think it's a good idea to ask the people with a lot of experience ... you! :D

If anyone can respond to this, I appreciate it a lot!

Thanks in advance!

Grtz from the Netherlands, Hans.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Where to start adjusting

Post by kaffelogic »

Have you recently replaced an old mesh chaff collector with a new glass chaff collector? If so, there is a calibration adjustment you will need to make.
DutchFink

Post by DutchFink »

kaffelogic wrote: Sat 29 Apr, 2023 5:46 am Have you recently replaced an old mesh chaff collector with a new glass chaff collector? If so, there is a calibration adjustment you will need to make.
I have the glass chaff collector since december or so. Lately I had a repair on my KL (new motor) and have the boostkit since a few weeks. I checked the calibration, but is was already on 1.05 (I read somewhere not to go any higher).

Any ideas?
DutchFink

Post by DutchFink »

Hi everybody!

In the mean time my Nano has been repaired by Roast Rebels and Kaffelogic. There was a technical problem (can happen) and they fixed it perfectly!

Happy roasting again! :D
PopcornArtisanNC

Post by PopcornArtisanNC »

kaffelogic wrote: Sat 29 Apr, 2023 5:46 am Have you recently replaced an old mesh chaff collector with a new glass chaff collector? If so, there is a calibration adjustment you will need to make.
How is the calibration done? Does it go by another name/setting? Does it apply to recent 120v machines sold to North American customers? Does it apply to Kaffelogic Studio? Is there a default value? My roaster was purchased with the Boost kit. How will we know if the adjustment has already been applied?

Thank you!