Initial Temp Too High

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
JonFairhurst

Re: Initial Temp Too High

Post by JonFairhurst »

I’ll be using 113.4g, which is 1/4 pound, so I don’t end up with an unroastable remainder, given that green beans are typically sold in pound increments in the US.

To be safe, I can weigh my batch and divide it up evenly before roasting.
BenN

Post by BenN »

I think that is fine. I used to do 100g load for batch as I but beans by 1kg as unit.
I did adjust a bit for roast level few notches lower to archive the level I like.

Don't be fooled by the indication of light/medium/dark that roaster says it is based on end temp predefined in profile. I trust my guts by seeing the roasted beans colour and taste,

Then ultimately start modifying profile of I loke to adjust for batch size.

have a good fun with your journey, the straggle is also part of it ;)

When you find one you like, take a good note go from there.
Ben
ecelis

Post by ecelis »

I did an 110g Brazilian beans using the 0-900m Rest profile L3.0 and results were good. Development time was 25% and weight loss was 12%. Color looks fine. Will taste it in a couple of days. Roasting between 110 to 120g is a good advice.
Esteban
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi guys

just started with Kl, on about my 5th roast and same issue with the roast beginning to high right at the beginning. Im roasting with 80grams on the altitude profiles and it seems the preheat power is on 1200. I understand how to change the preheat in the options but how do I access the altitude profiles to change them? the only profile I have access to change is KL classic.

thanks in for your help?
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

In Studio, Tools > View memory stick or View roaster sync folders > Profiles > click on the profile you want to edit