KaffeLogic Studio spinning ball in OSX

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Ron in Van

KaffeLogic Studio spinning ball in OSX

Post by Ron in Van »

Hi
KaffeLogic Studio started giving the spinning ball last night. It had been fine up until then.
Running OSX Ventura 13.2.1 on MacStudio with M1Max chip and 64Gb ram.
The sw uses 100% of CPU and goes nowhere whether started from an existing log file, or from the application itself.

I logged a support ticket yesterday but no response yet thus looking for help here.

I saw the posts re:problems in January with OSX and the python used but the link to the beta fix is no longer working.

Is there a fix for this?

Regards,
Ron in Vancouver, Canada
JoJo

Re: KaffeLogic Studio spinning ball in OSX

Post by JoJo »

The downloads page has the newest Studio app. It’s no longer the beta version. Have you tried that one?
If that new download doesn’t help, you could try a reset, or reformatting the on-board memory.

1.Reset:
hold play button while turning on roaster.

2.Reformat on-board memory:
Plug in your roaster, turn it on. Open studio: go to Options > Difficulty > Engineer; then
click on tools > connection tools > reformat on board memory

3.Rescue Mode (if you can’t access “reformat on board memory”):
rescue mode allows you to go in and rescue your unit from a problematic state, reinstall fresh firmware, downgrade, upgrade.

To enter Rescue Mode:

Switch unit off
Hold down 3,4,5 buttons
Switch on unit ( Still holding buttons)
Connection required
Connect cable

After rescue mode, connect roaster, then redo the on board memory correction.
Attachments
6E116A05-7D5C-42FD-8D4D-C74E63933DF0.jpeg
6E116A05-7D5C-42FD-8D4D-C74E63933DF0.jpeg (483.23 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
Ron in Van

Post by Ron in Van »

Yes, I have been using 6.07. The current version on the website. It simply won’t work on my computer anymore. Just the spinning ball. It does run, so far, on my wife’s MacBook Pro with the same CPU and OS version.

So I can’t actually use Kaffelogic Studio to to access the roaster with my machine. I rarely get to use hers, as it is in use a lot of the time by her.
Ron in Van

Post by Ron in Van »

I seem to have found a workaround.

I noticed that a difference between my machine and my wife's was that on mine Kaffelogic was opening and filling the desktop, not actually Full Screen mode, but just filling the screen. On hers it was not.

My desktop settings had the dock set to auto-hide. Hers did not.

I changed my settings to not autohide the dock, which makes the dock take up some of the screen permanently. So now when I open the app it is forced to not fill the screen. Lo and behold, it now works fine as before. No spinning ball.

I hope this will help someone else in the future.
Regards,
Ron
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Thank you for working this out and posting the workaround.

I have released a patch to beta that is a definitive fix for this problem. Please see our beta site

This is in beta now, and will go to full release soon.