Peru Cajamarca

Start a new topic for a new roast profile. Reply to an existing topic to enter your comments on the profile, or to attach minor variants.
caraya_coffee

Peru Cajamarca

Post by caraya_coffee »

For this profile I basically translated the cupping profile "Alexandru Niculae-Eval / Filter" from the IKAWA Roast App to the Kaffelogic. It was not 1:1 as I had to make some adjustments.Alexandru Niculae-Eval recommends this profile for coffees with a high density between 800-900gL. And a humidity of 9-10.5%.
I had a green coffee from Peru, Cajamarca, with a density of 900gL and a humidity of 10.6%. I knew this coffee would have its first crack quite "late", at 208 to 209°C. So I adjusted the profile to an end temperature of 221°C in order to give the coffee a DTR of at least 20%. The result I tasted in this cup was sweet, balanced and chocolaty, with notes of orange and roasted hazelnut.
You may try it for similarly dense or high-altitude coffees which have their first crack around 207-209 degrees Celsius.
Attachments
Alexandru Niculae Eval Filter (IKAWA).kpro
Orientated in A.N.E's IKAWA profile, but adjusted and translated it to the Kaffelogic. Used it for PERU CAJAMARCA coffee, please read the description in my post.
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
discoaus

Re: Peru Cajamarca

Post by discoaus »

Can I ask, did you cup this brew, or have you used this profile to make espresso or filter etc etc. I have this bean and am wondering for some profiles to suit espresso based cups

Thanks