Disabled USB Drive

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
matmags

Disabled USB Drive

Post by matmags »

I recently received my Indiegogo backed roaster with the Connect system. When I connect it to my Mac with the supplied USB-A to C cable, I immediately receive a notification that my USB ports are being disabled because the roaster is using too much power.

I have tried plugging it into different USB ports, cables, and computers. Same message. Is anyone else having this issue?
coffeepress

Re: Disabled USB Drive

Post by coffeepress »

If you are connecting it to a laptop, make sure it’s plugged to power. I got this same error with a different USB device and solved it by just plugging the laptop in.
matmags

Post by matmags »

Thanks for the response coffeepress!

My laptop is plugged in and I still get the same message. I have even tried plugging it into multiple computers and got the same results.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

coffeepress wrote: Mon 09 Jan, 2023 11:35 am If you are connecting it to a laptop, make sure it’s plugged to power. I got this same error with a different USB device and solved it by just plugging the laptop in.
If that suggestion doesn't solve the problem for you, please write to [email protected] and we will follow up as this could be a PCB fault.