Raost

Start a new topic for a new roast profile. Reply to an existing topic to enter your comments on the profile, or to attach minor variants.
wilfong

Re: Raost

Post by wilfong »

Go to page one of this topic and the profile files will be blue highlighted files with a .kpro extension. As you read through the pages they will be somewhat scattered through the thread. Click on the file name and it will direct you to the place on your computer to download files.
BenN

Post by BenN »

machapelle wrote: Tue 12 Dec, 2023 4:20 pm I read much about "Raost Profiles" including references to Raostv4,5 etc, but I don't find specific downloads.
Am I in the wrong Kaffelogic Community?
Where do I find more on this topic?
back one page and you shroud fine the post that imbedded the profile for download,

viewtopic.php?t=307&sid=62ff71d684bcf85 ... t=70#p2665

there is is several in even earlier ones ;)

[Edit] well wilfong already replied that ...
Ben
Virterm

Post by Virterm »

BenN wrote: Wed 19 Jul, 2023 4:14 pm With new firmware and software, you cans set reference load size on profile.
May be set it to 80 for this profile? If not set it is default value is 120.

My goto profile is nominally developed for 100g load with default setting and update profile profile seems to be more reliable resukt with boost.
Ben, are you suggesting that setting the recommended load size to the value used during the development of a particular profile will automatically make all necessary adjustments, thereby making the profile ready for the boost kit?
BenN

Post by BenN »

say the profile you use is developed to target of 100g and you are Loding that amount, I will not touch the default.
but my experience, I did not notice match deterrence setting boost parameter to 100g or levee it 120g.

You could adjust said profile adjust to KF default roading size and let roaster to adjust to your target load size by boost setting.
I find much easer and intuitive.

About default load size in the profile, I asked to put there to KF is exactly that purpose. It's for boost logic to adjust profile accordingly by using that for base instead of 120g. So it's a good place to start.

viewtopic.php?p=2771#p2771
Ben
Virterm

Post by Virterm »

So essentially, the boost uses the ‘recommended load size’ as its reference point. It doesn’t have 120g hardcoded; it’s just that the default value for the recommended load size happens to be 120g. Am I understanding this correctly? Sorry, it’s straightforward yet confusing at the same time.
BenN

Post by BenN »

Virterm wrote: Mon 01 Jan, 2024 8:18 am So essentially, the boost uses the ‘recommended load size’ as its reference point. It doesn’t have 120g hardcoded; it’s just that the default value for the recommended load size happens to be 120g. Am I understanding this correctly? Sorry, it’s straightforward yet confusing at the same time.
That's my understanding as well, but you must have but you must have newer , ideally latest firmware at least and possibly boost activated, as well.

you best tested by yourself. my go to one is base 100g and not low as those 80 base ones.
Ben
Virterm

Post by Virterm »

I am using the latest studio an the latest firmware with Boost activated. Will test with few profiles both 80 and 100g based.
Beanthere

Post by Beanthere »

I am confused. And, despite reading all the above, I am still unclear which changes need to be made in two spots, those being: in Studio (the “reference load”), and on the roaster’s load display (“load size”).
I have a Kaffelogic with Boost. I’d like to try the Adaptive Raost profile by Benjamin Leon. However, Adaptive Raost uses an 80 gram reference load & was designed using kaffelogic without the Boost kit. Will this same profile work as originally designed, when I use it on a Kaffelogic with Boost? I would assume I enter (in Studio), the reference load at 80grams, and then enter on the roaster display my actual load size of 150 grams (or whatever the load size might be at the time), but don’t know if Boost would make the correct adjustments to fan & heat. Or, will Boost not get along with a profile designed before Boost?
BenN

Post by BenN »

idea of the reference load in profile ( set in studio ) was to boost to work more effectively with out translate the load-size by user for profile developed as not the 100~120g load.
So the refence load size saying to roster that this profile is designed to load 80g on the standard base calibration of roaster ( which is 100~120g)

say the profile is set and designed to 80g base load, and you load this profile to roaster and charge 80g of greens. Then you set roaster to 80g in start to match the profile base reference.

With same profile with 80g base reference and you load 150g of greens and set roaster to 150g on start, that boost logic in firmware will adjust heating and fan power accordingly calculating base o 80g set on profile loaded instead of 120g base.

If you do not have booster, roaster is always calibrated as 100-120g base, but your profile is designed with 80g load in mind, so I would just load 80g as profile suggested.
Ben
Beanthere

Post by Beanthere »

Thanks! So, if I’ve understood correctly, I simply set the reference load (in Studio) to 80, and load whatever weight of beans I am roasting, and then set the roaster’s display panel to that specific weight…. and all will be well.