Steve's Ultimate Profiles 100g - Constantly Declining Fan Profile (Fan Cal 0.91)

Start a new topic for a new roast profile. Reply to an existing topic to enter your comments on the profile, or to attach minor variants.
theiguanaoz

Re: Steve's Ultimate Profiles 100g - Constantly Declining Fan Profile (Fan Cal 0.91)

Post by theiguanaoz »

I too gave MD3 a go, with Indonesian West Java and I manually followed it, marked first crack, and finished at 25% DTR. A few days in, lovely espresso that will be even smoother in a day or two I suspect (5 days). Best roast I've had from this bean so far, so thank you Steve for the profile
wilfong

Re: Steve's Ultimate Profiles 100g - Constantly Declining Fan Profile (Fan Cal 0.91)

Post by wilfong »

I realize this is a dated thread. That said, I just went through it in its entirety, and without a doubt, if you are interested in how your roaster works and its potential, this is an excellent read. One of the very best profile creators as far as I'm concerned. I appreciate Steves' contribution to roasting on the Kaffelogic roaster as I'm sure many of you who use his profiles are.
Virterm

Post by Virterm »

Is MD3 profile compatible with a Boost kit? Do I need to make any adjustments to use it for larger amounts of beans (150-160g)
discoaus

Post by discoaus »

Virterm wrote: Sun 31 Dec, 2023 8:09 am Is MD3 profile compatible with a Boost kit? Do I need to make any adjustments to use it for larger amounts of beans (150-160g)
It is very much compatible with boost. Every user created profile is compatible, as all of these profiles were designed on the base load of 100-120g, so as long as you add say 150g to your roaster and you input your load size as 150g, then it will multiply the profile accordingly, all done within the software. You can adjust a few things to suit you better like preheat power, cooldown speeds etc as some of the profiles may overshoot or undershoot in some spots, but this can change from different beans as well, so no profile will suit every single bean exactly the same. Goodluck!
Virterm

Post by Virterm »

Thanks, yes I understand that, I guess what I was asking is if md3 was developed for 100 or 120g, so it will work with boost without any changes.
Versus, if it was developed for 80g as some other profiles, the reference amount in the profile could be updated to indicate that and help with proper calculations.