Adjusting Cooling Fan Speed

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Geronimo

Re: Adjusting Cooling Fan Speed

Post by Geronimo »

Hi

I’ve found the same thing. I’d like to know how to revert prior to activating the boost kit.

To me the new chaff collector and boost kit weren’t tested properly. We shouldn’t have to mess around with cooling especially to try and stop beans flying out into the chaff collector.

What is worrying is being told to put beans in the chaff collector back into with the rest of beans. They haven’t been cooled properly and wrong to advise to do that when the original design is not right.

That’s my moan for the day.
Cheers
G
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

After some observation... it appears the roast profile fan speed does not change during the roast. The cool down fan speed does change throughout its time. It would be great to have the issue acknowledged if not corrected.
discoaus

Post by discoaus »

If you’re roasting with the boost kit 150g and above, I believe it’s set at default at 15500, and you cannot go lower than this as it was worked out that it needed this minimum rpm to keep the rolling of the beans during the cooldown phase. It should however scale down in lower load sizes, as it just acts as a multiplier

I cannot remember if this is completely accurate as current as my roaster is off getting repaired so cannot test this, but I know you can adjust the cooldown hi and Lo to change at set temperatures, you can also watch this live while the roast is happening by cycling through the live data in the roast to show the cooldown rpm
Pickron

Post by Pickron »

I believe, and I am unsure if this has been mentioned in another post. Once you roast batches over 140 or 150g the minimum rpm on cool-down hi is 15,500rpms. I did question this variable when beta testing the chaff collector with the boost kit, and it seems that it needs to be set higher for the bean rolling to continue to occur. I am unsure if they have tested lower speeds and this is the reason for it.
Steppermotor has a rich product line, and each motor has its own unique advantages and characteristics, which can meet the needs of different customers and different applications.