Profile Sort Order

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Profile Sort Order

Post by kaffelogic »

I'm glad the FW update has worked.

Our server was re-booted last night so it was a maintenance outage. (I'm not entirely happy with the uptime we are getting from our provider so another change might be in the air for us)
Damian

Post by Damian »

Server is crap again tonight
62864EEA-91D0-43B8-BC57-DDE10201018E.png
62864EEA-91D0-43B8-BC57-DDE10201018E.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 3395 times
BenN

Post by BenN »

getting slightly off from topic here?
Ben
tennr

Post by tennr »

kaffelogic wrote: Sun 22 Dec, 2019 5:48 pm This is tricky to do on the roaster because there is not enough RAM available to load the list of files for sorting. The roaster just steps through the directory in directory order, never loading more than one file name at a time.

This is something that actually could be done on the laptop. It would have to re-write the directory in sorted order so the original order would be lost, but the roaster would access the files in sorted order after that.

If you think that would meet your needs I will look at getting it implemented.
Chris
I would like to vote for this to be included. Ideally there would be an option to automatically “sort” the directory (since this seems to be a limitation of the roaster hardware). The option could be: Default Order(directory order), File Name Order, Profile Name Order. Leaving as default leaves existing workflow, where as file or profile cause the directory to be re-written to support the roaster hardware, anytime a new profile is added, or the profile name is changed.

Thank you,

—Aaron
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Thank for the suggestion of how to implement this feature. I have added it to our feature backlog and will update this thread when it has been done.
nrdlnd

Post by nrdlnd »

Just now saw this thread. I can see that it's a memory problem. I had to delete profiles I never use to be able to load and use new profiles or variants (should have done that anyway!). I could try to organize the profiles alphabetcally manually. But the problem will arise again everytime when I load a new profile or variant of a profile. I will have to do it again. Anyway the + and - could be nice to be able to back when you are familiar with the order.