Profile Sort Order

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Profile Sort Order

Post by kaffelogic »

BenN wrote: Sun 19 Jan, 2020 11:45 pm May be good, if it can cycle through by + and - button?
Good suggestion - I have made a note of this for a future update
Damian

Post by Damian »

Mine scrolls to the last file and does not loop. I have to power off/on to start
FW 7.3.10.1038
Damian

Post by Damian »

I just tried the USB drive that come with my roaster, and it does loop.
I bought a Samsung drive for its low profile, less chance of knocking it and breaking something.

I'll test some others......
IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 5528 times
Damian

Post by Damian »

Ok, I tracked down the reason.
The problem is with 2 profiles I created. When scrolling and I reached one of these files, it would not move on to the next profile.
I have attached one for the profiles for you
Damians BugFile.kpro
(2.35 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
BenN

Post by BenN »

Could be just corrupted something,

i would try reformat with FAT32 and copy back necessary files.
Ben
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Hi Damian
This is a bug in the firmware. The Mac drops hidden files into the roast-profile folder (Windows doesn't do this). When it happens that the last file in the folder is a hidden file the firmware stops stepping. This hasn't been detected to date because when testing we have never had a hidden file in last place.

The workaround is that when you get to the end of the profiles and pressing 'Profile' doesn't step you on any further, press 'Menu' once to get back to the start, and then start pressing 'Profile' again.

I will prepare a new release of the firmware with this fixed, but so long as you can confirm that pressing 'Menu' gets you back to the start I won't fast-track the fix.
Chris
Damian

Post by Damian »

I'm not sure what is going on now.

I have 5 profiles that lets call good
I have 2 profiles lets call bad
I made a new profile just now, which well add to bad

If I copy any or all 5 of the good profiles or all of them to the roast-profiles folder, the roaster will rotate through continuously.
If I add any of the bad files, the roaster will not rotate past the last file, which will be one of the bad files.
If I add all 3 bad files, it will step past through them till the last one, then stop stepping.
If I press the Play > button, while stuck on a bad file, the roaster loads a different profile, not the previous one though, and not the profile it is stuck on. Yet if I press play while on a good profile or even a bad profile, it will load so long as it isn't the last profile where it would not step past.

You do return to the start of the list aonce the loading process ends, after pressing the play button >

I used command+shift+. to show hidden files in finder, but dont see a hidden file in the /kaffelogic/roast-profiles directory, only the root directory
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (46.25 KiB) Viewed 5518 times
Damian

Post by Damian »

Hmmm, this is a bugger.
I just made a new profile, I want to try some changes, but the new profile wouldn't load.
I then made another profile with standard settings, it wouldn't load either.
At the moment, if I make a new profile, it will stop at that profile and will not load, when I added two new profiles, it stopped at the first, so did not reach the second profile.

Plus this forum is lagging something shocking, I keep getting SQL error messages and losing my post
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Hi Damian
I'm sorry that you are experiencing so much hassle with this bug - I have prioritised the fix and now have a firmware update available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15jC8a ... M99T-ccOit.

It's a small surprise that you cannot see the hidden files with command+shift+dot, but that technique doesn't necessarily show them all. Different versions of MacOS appear to have different behaviours here, including different patterns of which hidden files they create, and crucially for this firmware, when they are created. However, the Kaffelogic firmware definitely had a bug in the part that skips hidden files. It would drop into an infinite loop on the main thread when the hidden file was the last file in the directory. I believe that bug explains the symptoms you are reporting and it has been fixed in v7.3.11 . I am confident that the fix will resolve the problem for you.

Thanks for your patience in this.

I'm not experiencing any speed issues with the forum, if if these persist for you please let me know. We use Cloudflare and it's supposed to make everything faster, but if it's not delivering I shall follow up with our providers.
Damian

Post by Damian »

Hi Chris, the FW update seems to have fixed the problem, the profile list now loops ok, and all profiles are loading.

Last night, the forum pages were very slow to load, sometimes not fully loading. Then I started getting SQL error messages. Then I could connect at all to the forum or the main url https://kaffelogic.com
After a short time the forum was back up, but very slow, then I started getting the SQL error again.
It went on for 20 minutes, then I left it, though I'll come back today. Anyway, working fine again now.

Thanks for the FW update