Profile Sort Order

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
BenN

Profile Sort Order

Post by BenN »

Is it possible to change roaster to cycling saved profile by name order instead of what appeared to be a saved date or natural file order?

Just easer to find one if I have many similar name one ( numbed ) in USB stick.

Just nice to see...
Ben
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Profile Sort Order

Post by kaffelogic »

This is tricky to do on the roaster because there is not enough RAM available to load the list of files for sorting. The roaster just steps through the directory in directory order, never loading more than one file name at a time.

This is something that actually could be done on the laptop. It would have to re-write the directory in sorted order so the original order would be lost, but the roaster would access the files in sorted order after that.

If you think that would meet your needs I will look at getting it implemented.
Chris
BenN

Post by BenN »

kaffelogic wrote: Sun 22 Dec, 2019 5:48 pm This is tricky to do on the roaster because there is not enough RAM available to load the list of files for sorting. The roaster just steps through the directory in directory order, never loading more than one file name at a time.
I thought that could be a case, I'm not overly pushing this to be implemented if it is difficult.
kaffelogic wrote: Sun 22 Dec, 2019 5:48 pm This is something that actually could be done on the laptop. It would have to re-write the directory in sorted order so the original order would be lost, but the roaster would access the files in sorted order after that.

If you think that would meet your needs I will look at getting it implemented.
This would work. With PC, i really use natural order but sort the list by name or time modified.

Is this something I can o by myself? deleting whole and save files in order for what I wasn't to cycle through? hope not a reverse order ... Just thinking. :roll:

May be time to clean up profile folder to eliminate large list instead.

Thanks for your thought.
Ben
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Try this:

1. rename your profile folder as say roast-profiles-01

2. make a new folder called roast-profiles

3. drag and drop the profiles you want from roast-profiles-01 to roast-profiles in the order you want them to appear on the roaster

That is doing manually the method I would implement for sorting the files from the laptop.
BenN

Post by BenN »

Thanks!

I'll try do that! May be that enough for my needs :)
Ben
Sam

Post by Sam »

Hi All,

The profiles don't cycle when stepping through the files on the USB key.

If I want to go back to the start of my profiles, I can't do that.

Am I missing something?

Sam
BenN

Post by BenN »

it go forward by profile selection button and when it reached to end it back to the start.
So if you have massive collection in USB it could be pain to cycle through...

I've been reducing number on USB and kept others on PC recently,

Chris.
May be good, if it can cycle through by + and - button?
Ben
Sam

Post by Sam »

Hi Ben,

I have only a half dozen profiles.

Stepping through them to the end, the profiles did not cycle through back to the beginning.

Sam
BenN

Post by BenN »

Hi Sam

I have latest firmware loaded and last time I used, it cycle through and back to binning from last one.
May be check firmware version< or need Chris to step in ...
Ben
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Hi Sam

The profiles should definitely cycle if you keep pressing the profile button. That is: you should go through all the profiles and back to the beginning.

The firmware for this has not changed since v7.3.5. If you have firmware v7.3.4 or earlier then you should update, otherwise it is not an issue.

If you find that you cannot get the roaster to cycle the profile names by keeping on pressing the profile button, then could you zip up the entire 'roast-profiles' folder from your memory stick and email it to me so that I can replicate the problem?

Cheers

Chris