Cooldown duration

Start a new topic for a new roast profile. Reply to an existing topic to enter your comments on the profile, or to attach minor variants.
Ron in Van

Cooldown duration

Post by Ron in Van »

It seems all the profiles I have tried have a six minute cooldown. Is this something that can be changed? I could not see anything in the profiles details that would affect this.

I was thinking of keeping the fan speed higher longer to cool the beans more quickly so that I could move on to the next batch a little faster. Anyone know how to modify it or of reasons not to do this?
BenN

Re: Cooldown duration

Post by BenN »

That setting is under profile setting at near bottom.
Screenshot 2024-04-11 144728.png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 144728.png (19.66 KiB) Viewed 154 times
May need to change your difficulty level on studio under options.

Now ne care ful on that too high make more beans to jump in to chaff collector.
Ben
Ron in Van

Post by Ron in Van »

Ben,
Thanks for the quick reply. I saw those settings but i thought they just adjusted the fan speed at the start of cooldown, and when to lower the speed until the end of cooldown based on the "cooldown lo temperature" setting. In this case that lowered the fan speed from 17,000rpm to 15,000rpm when the bean mass gets to 100C. However I don't see why that would mean all my roasts take the same overall time in cooldown.

Any insights would be appreciated.
Regards,
Ron
BenN

Post by BenN »

End of the day it all PID controlled.

May be you set lower tan 100 for last one there to keep higher speed for longer?
It will cooling down near ambient ( not quite exactly and depends on the temp recoded when you power on your roaster ).
KL shroud have more insight on this logic behind but that lo speed and lo temp will be the one I would try to tweak if want to shorten the duration.
Ben