"Heat too fast", "Mains freq error", and motor stopping

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
leonid

"Heat too fast", "Mains freq error", and motor stopping

Post by leonid »

Hello,

My initial unit had problems (Chris noted that bean circulation, power level delivered to the heater, spot thermocouple readings, all were off) and I recently got a replacement refurb unit (judging by scratches and a charred roasting chamber).

However, I cannot get a single roast out of it. I am getting either "Heat too fast, pls check beans", "Fault detected mains freq error", and the motor occasionally stops mid-roast or when cooling down after "heat too fast" and makes clicking noises.

I have reopened the ticked but Showroom support has been extremely slow to respond and not very helpful (they would say "looks fine", then Chris looks at the logs and says yes they are off). It took a lot of time and wasted coffee to figure out that something is off with the original roaster, then over 3 months (!) of back-and-forth with Showroom from opening the ticket to getting this replacement unit and I dread going through this process again...

As one of the first 10 people who funded this on Indiegogo, I am extremely frustrated that after all this time I cannot even get a well functioning unit! At this point, I regret getting the nano as it only cost me time, lots of wasted beans, and I could not even get a normal roast once...

Is there any way to escalate this with Cris or Steve or anyone at Kaffelogic who can help resolve this?