Help a newbie read a log

solarplexus

Help a newbie read a log

Post by solarplexus »

Hello everyone!

I'm very new to coffee roasting.
I recently got the Kaffelogic with boost and I've been going through the different topics on this forum (waiting to be accepted on the FB group).
And trying with different profiles created by you (NinjaTurtle, FireStarter, etc) at the suggested parameters.

Moments ago I roasted 120gr of a washed Nicaraguan coffee using the FireStarter profile at 3.2 and I'm trying to make sense of the log information.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 11.30.57.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 11.30.57.jpg (344.21 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
log0014.klog
FireStarter
(84.02 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Following the curve of the profile and mean temp + temp. What could make the temperature to be higher than intended in this particular case?

Which profiles could you recommend to start roasting lighter coffees?

Thank you all in advance!
Bean there

Re: Help a newbie read a log

Post by Bean there »

I know from the early KL videos an adjustment can be made in Studio to lower the heat/modify fan at that point in the profile. I have yet to play with adjusting profiles in Studio, beyond colour levels … yes, my sheepish confession… I’m too inexperienced & cautious by far! So, I hope someone here will offer us step-by-step general approaches to resolve that frequent bump up in temp at the end of the roast. ;)
rosemarycole6

Re: Help a newbie read a log

Post by rosemarycole6 »

I tend to avoid Firestarter for that reason; it goes nuclear at the end and runs away. I guess that's why it's called Firestarter :D