connecting to KL Nano 7 Type C USB

RedGoni

connecting to KL Nano 7 Type C USB

Post by RedGoni »

Hi,

I'm a new owner of a KL Nano 7 with the type C USB port, but cannot seem to connect my laptop and KL Studio to the roaster. My MS Windows chimes when I plug in the cable but KL Studio does not seem to see the connection. Can anyone advise, am I missing a step?

Thanks

Steve
Ron in Van

Re: connecting to KL Nano 7 Type C USB

Post by Ron in Van »

You might try a different USB-C cable. I had a lot of trouble with inconsistent, unreliable, or no connections with one cable I had bought from Apple. When I switched to another cable, also from Apple, all my connection problems went away.
BenDavis

Post by BenDavis »

Hi there, Do either of you know if you can update a KL Nano 7 USB A to a laptop? Bought the Nano 7 in 2020!
discoaus

Post by discoaus »

RedGoni wrote: Wed 24 May, 2023 8:02 am Hi,

I'm a new owner of a KL Nano 7 with the type C USB port, but cannot seem to connect my laptop and KL Studio to the roaster. My MS Windows chimes when I plug in the cable but KL Studio does not seem to see the connection. Can anyone advise, am I missing a step?

Thanks

Steve
Have you tried using the supplied cable? It’s usb-C from the roaster and usb-A to the laptop or PC end.
Are you trying to connect a usb-c to usb-c cable? If so you may have to try a different cable if so
discoaus

Post by discoaus »

BenDavis wrote: Mon 31 Jul, 2023 6:41 am Hi there, Do either of you know if you can update a KL Nano 7 USB A to a laptop? Bought the Nano 7 in 2020!
Your question sounds a bit jumbled, are you asking if you can update the roaster from a laptop? The answer to this is yes. If your model is a USB version and not the usb-C model, then you will have to plug in the USB to your laptop with KL studio running, you can then go to update the firmware like that. Hope this helps
BenN

Post by BenN »

BenDavis wrote: Mon 31 Jul, 2023 6:41 am Hi there, Do either of you know if you can update a KL Nano 7 USB A to a laptop? Bought the Nano 7 in 2020!
I do not think this can be done for current stage. ( USB A version of KL with memory stick )
I haven't got any update for that feature.
Ben
Sheikhy20

Post by Sheikhy20 »

I’m running in to the same issue. I was expecting a USB drive but I saw it had a USB-C connector. So I tried connecting it to my MacBook with multiple different USB-C cables but nothing has worked. Any tips? This has been frustrating
rosemarycole6

Post by rosemarycole6 »

Have you installed the KL Studio App on your Macbook? You should start the app (and connect with supplied cable) and then turn on the roaster. The app will sync with the roaster and you can look at the profiles and logs on it via the app. The roaster also needs the connection in order to grab the timestamp for the roast - If your Klog file has no datetime stamp it's because the computer and roaster were not connected when you started the roast. You can also sync with the roaster and push any new profiles via this app.
jeffmurray

Post by jeffmurray »

Good post I wondered why some of my roasts had no time stamp.