Nucleus Link Thermal Runaway Issue

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
rbulley

Nucleus Link Thermal Runaway Issue

Post by rbulley »

Hi does anyone with the nucleus link get the thermal runaway error? I am constantly getting it if I try to do a dark roast with any beans I try.
Also is anyone aware of a forum for the nucleus link? It seems to be non existent for information etc
Thanks in advance
rbulley

Re: Nucleus Link Thermal Runaway Issue

Post by rbulley »

So apparently even though I was using the default profiles this is ‘user error’

I sent the unit back to the company I purchased it from in Australia after having to provide video evidence of the issue. The unit would just lock up and not respond. I would have to turn it off then back on. It would work then the second roast would give me the error again. Very frustrating, the issue hasn’t been resolved and I haven’t got a roaster. At nearly $3000 Australian I regret this purchase and having to deal with the company I purchased it from.

When the unit first arrived it was missing a vital piece which allows you to weigh the beans and use the app. It has only been used a handful of times and unfortunately looks like it will be returned and I’m pretty sure we will have to go through this whole process again.
discoaus

Re: Nucleus Link Thermal Runaway Issue

Post by discoaus »

I believe, and I’m sure KL can correct me if I’m wrong, but the nucleus link and the kaffelogic unit are separate companies. I believe they worked together, but your issue lays with nucleus link, and not kaffelogic. Kaffelogic has their own support team, and their profiles and setup is completely different to how the nucleus link is setup, as I believe the nucleus has set profiles, with different apps etc to manage. You may want to contact nucleus about your issue, as I don’t think it can be resolved here, even though the units share lots of similarities