Cleaning the bean chamber

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
ecelis

Cleaning the bean chamber

Post by ecelis »

How do I clean the Nano chamber? After a month of roasting (about 15 roasts) the chamber has a brown area on the bottom (see photo). I tried a damp paper towel but did not make a difference. I'm afraid of damaging the wire probe.
IMG_1157.jpeg
IMG_1157.jpeg (2.34 MiB) Viewed 1883 times
Esteban
Sceptic

Re: Cleaning the bean chamber

Post by Sceptic »

Wow. After more than four years of use mine is nowhere near that clean. You could try a cotton bud, but realistically I'd recommend not stressing too much about a little discolouration. That said, perhaps stress a little more than I did...

Incidentally, I'll note that the temperature probe probably isn't as fragile as you may be worrying - I've had beans impaled on mine at the end of a roast on at least two occasions and it still seems to be working fine.
rosemarycole6

Post by rosemarycole6 »

It rather annoys me also as the bottom is just a smidge too far to clean with fingertips I read somewhere that you don't have to worry about it as it is "seasoning". I however like to clean everything properly to avoid a build up of oils. I also saw on the Fb users page that someone got their hopper out after wiggling it a fair bit, and it does not damage the probe.
BenN

Post by BenN »

rosemarycole6 wrote: Thu 01 Jun, 2023 1:33 pm It rather annoys me also as the bottom is just a smidge too far to clean with fingertips I read somewhere that you don't have to worry about it as it is "seasoning". I however like to clean everything properly to avoid a build up of oils. I also saw on the Fb users page that someone got their hopper out after wiggling it a fair bit, and it does not damage the probe.
I did suggest for taking chamber separate by wiggle a bit to access the beans slipped in to between the chamber and top of heating part. But not suggesting it just for clean it. Thin wider of probe is still attached to the side with wire tie. better not touch if possible.

Picture show chamber really clean and nothing worry about it.
Mine get more black colour on particularly the one side compare to other.
Unless you noticed any excess burned taste or anything, it shroud be fine.
Ben