Not able to load new firmware

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
gpillai

Not able to load new firmware

Post by gpillai »

Just received my new booster and chaff collector. Understand that I need to upgrade the firmware. I have upgraded the KF Studio to the latest ver 6.0.8 and have loaded the latest nano 7 firmware ver 7.9.13 onto the USB memory stick. Unfortunately all attempts to load the new firmware on the Nano 7 has not worked. Followed the instructions as have done before, press start while switching power on. It resets the unit but remains on the old firmware 7.7.14.1567. Tried deleting old firmware from the USB stick leaving only the 7.9.13.1762 in the Firmware folder but does not work. Appreciate any advice and assistance. Looking forward to try the new collector.Thanks.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Not able to load new firmware

Post by kaffelogic »

A couple of things:
  • Be sure to use Studio to save the firmware file on the memory stick. This ensures that it goes into the correct folder with the correct file name.
  • Try a new memory stick, or a freshly formatted memory stick. They do need re-formatting (use FAT-32 format) from time to time and occasional replacement. The symptom of not installing firmware updates is a common result of memory stick wear: re-formatting or replacement will usually resolve this.
gpillai

Post by gpillai »

Thank you for the fast response. As I was already using Studio to save the firmware, went with your 2nd option of using another memory stick and installed the firmware and profiles via Studio. The reflashing worked and my Nano 7 is now on the latest firmware. Thank you very much for the assistance. I am reformatting the old memory stick to see if I can continue to use it as a back-up.
gpillai

Post by gpillai »

Further update. Reformatted the original KF memory stick and reloaded the folders/firmware etc and did the boost activation. Reset the Nano with this and it worked with the message Booster activated. All ready now for the booster and larger roast. Thank you for your support.