Heat too slow

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
gbr68

Re: Heat too slow

Post by gbr68 »

Hi
My roaster has displayed the Heat to Slow message 3 times now in a row.

FYI. Updated roaster with latest this morning and completed 1 roast, no issues.
I have on occasions experienced this message before between roasts and then waiting some minutes pushed the go button, all good.

I see I may need new element. If so is it a quick repair in ChCh or do I need to leave it? I live in Ashburton.

Many thanks
Gary
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi Gary

It could definitely be the element going. Have one isolated issue and doing a reset or loading new firmware (resetting the unit) would clear the CPU and all should be working perfectly.

The issue here is it happening multiple times! Do you have the new Connect unit or USB version?

It may be the element but it may also be something as simple as a loose connector wire from the SSR to the main PCB.

I would suggest keeping an eye on it and when starting to roast, do an empty "heat too fast" roast chamber test before you roast your first batch.

If it is the element, It will only get worse.

If anything goes wrong in this sequence, I would have the unit diagnosed and repaired.

Please, if you have any issues with the unit, send me a mail on [email protected], I will get the factory to send you an uplift ticket and we can get the unit back to Dunedin ASAP.

Regards and I am sorry for this.

Wayne
gbr68

Post by gbr68 »

Hi Wayne
Thank you for fast reply.

I think it is the USB model. (USB back of machine)

Thank you for your advice. Next roast will see how it goes. No drama. In the end I may take the opportunity for a factory health check. With holiday season fast approaching, a ton of green beans in the pantry, I would suffer terrible withdrawal if it broke down!

Many thanks
Gary
PS I later sent an email to this address with update FYI.
pcitrus

Post by pcitrus »

Looks like this has happened to me too - just out of warranty which is a bit of a shame.

Will email [email protected]
seckinyetkin

Post by seckinyetkin »

Hello,
I have this problem right now too. Type C model, I did the reset, but the problem was not resolved. Is the solution changing the heater unit on the service side? Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Please contact [email protected] for assistance with diagnosis and repair. The heat too slow message is often the indicator of a burnt out element, but can have other causes.
WasabiPeas

Post by WasabiPeas »

Add me to this list too. My Nano just stopped working this weekend and it's giving me the Heat Too Slow error. My heating element has slightly over 5 hours of total usage so it's a bit disheartening that it died so rather quickly. Mine is the 120V version and I'm in the USA.
FPanda

Post by FPanda »

Same here with "Heat too slow" issue.
The second failure after only 15 hours of operation.
The first failure of the heater was only after a few batches.
The roaster is already back in service in Germany but 3 weeks without roasting is almost unbearable :cry:
What is the problem with the heating element?
I wonder what should I do if the warranty has expired?
Last edited by FPanda on Fri 03 Mar, 2023 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.