Using "Profile" button to toggle for live data

Have you discovered a good way to do something with your Kaffelogic? Share it here.
nevin

Using "Profile" button to toggle for live data

Post by nevin »

Hello roasters!

Just received my KL a short while ago. Gone through a few roasts already and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

During a roast, I wish if the "Profile" button can become a toggle switch to show between the profile and live data. Right now, to see the live data, I need to click the menu twice and then play button to view it, then I need to click the profile button to go back. So making the profile button a toggle only during the roast time would be a nice feature IMO :-)
VladP

Re: Using "Profile" button to toggle for live data

Post by VladP »

Good point!
In this context, I hope that the new feature, which will enable controlling in real time the Nano7 via Bluetooth will cover this - on the computer rather than the small display.
nrdlnd

Re: Using "Profile" button to toggle for live data

Post by nrdlnd »

Hi nevin,
Nice that you are enjoying your roaster! I have never needed to toggle between live view and the profile view. If you press the very right button in the beginning of the roast you will come directly to live view. Later in the roast you have to press twice to come to live view as marking first crack comes first. There are more information in live view such as power consumption and fan speed. The most important information temperature and time is in both views. What I would like to see in both views and especially in the view after you have marked first crack is "L" because I may want to stop the roast at a certain L. Now I have to go for temperature and/or DTR but I may not have marked first crack correctly.