Wednesday Profile Development

Wayne

Wednesday Profile Development

Post by Wayne »

Good day all

I hope the weekend went well and all roasting and tasting is meeting all your expectations .

There have been receiving great results over the past week with regards to the profiles developed for Kaffelogic users and this feedback , both positive and negative , is great for the on going development and creation of these profiles.

Over the last few weeks , through our Virtual Cafe , we have been learning the essentials on how to understand Kaffelogic profiles and the elements that the Kaffelogic Studio allow us to change and or control .

The point of this exercise is to put all of what we have learnt into profile building . A fun exercise for you all that have , have not , started using Kaffelogic Studio to experiment and start practically applying this newly acquired knowledge.

WEDNESDAY ROASTING FUN

Please find 3 test profiles below . The start of ALL the roasting profiles up to 2minutes of roasting time are all correct .

The REST of the profile - Should be YOUR design .

Pick 1 or 2 of the profiles below and create the rest of the profile to give us an awesome tasting coffee OR create your own profile from scratch . Choice is yours!

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOU WISH TO CREATE YOUR OWN AND CHOOSE NOT TO USE THE ABOVE 3 EXAMPLES - FEEL FREE TO DO SO !!

The profile should have the following :
  • Predominant Decreasing ROR throughout roast
  • Power graph should be Increasing as much as possible throughout the roast
  • The duration of the roast should be no longer than 12minutes
  • Some form of details for the prescribed ideal roast - brewing information should be placed in the "About This File " section of the roast
  • Please list what coffee Origin was used and what altitude the coffee origin is in the "About This File " section
I have attached the Kaffelogic Roasting Companion to read over and this will provide assistance with understanding the Kaffelogic System .

Have fun Ladies and Gentleman - Good Roasting and if you need any help . Please do not hesitate to contact me/text on 0220570818 OR email on [email protected]
Attachments
Test 1.kpro
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
Test 2.kpro
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Test 3.kpro
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
The Kaffelogic Roasters Companion 2.pdf
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 383 times
Simon

Re: Wednesday Profile Development

Post by Simon »

Hi Wayne,

Here's an attempt at a functioning profile created from the first of your three. I tried to add a boost around first crack to counter the behaviour Chris showed us where the beans absorb heat in a burst as they crack.

Intending to use this on my Peruvian Blend (washed, 1200m).

cheers

Simon
Attachments
Test 1 SH1.kpro
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Nutta

Post by Nutta »

Hi,

Not based on one of the starter profiles, but one I've been working on. Haven't had a chance to do much since Monday, but here's the profile and a log...

Profile:
CS Light 01.kpro
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
Log:
log0515.klog
(82.94 KiB) Downloaded 471 times

Cheers,
Nick
Simon

Post by Simon »

Here's a log of my roast. haven't viewed it in Kaffelogic Studio yet. Can report no tipping, moderately loud first crack. Roasted to level 4. Tried chewing on a few and they tasted great. Am about to make espresso from them.
Attachments
log0187.klog
(85.13 KiB) Downloaded 361 times