Feature Wish List

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Geronimo

Feature Wish List

Post by Geronimo »

Hi KL Support

Wondering what your thoughts are on creating a section in this support page, that is named something like feature wish list, or feature requests, or something like that. Things that can be discussed between users, and you, to see if there is sufficient demand for a feature, and is feasible to add in to the roaster firmware or Studio software.

The idea that of all suggestions are in one place, rather than all over the place. It would be easier for you to check, and for us as users to submit under a specific section.

I’m pretty sure that a number of feature requests haven’t been read for this reason, as there hasn’t been feedback.

Cheers
G
Wayne

Re: Feature Wish List

Post by Wayne »

Hi G

Thanks for this. I apologise for the lack of reply but I can assure you that all the suggestions are being read and discussed.

With the new firmware and KL Studio, you are already seeing some of them coming through and obviously most of them Chris and I have been discussing and they have just been echoed by you all.

In saying this- The one place we can all suggest is a great idea. I apologise that this has not been done. Users have generally been good around putting the in the comments, Questions tab. As this one is.

In saying this- YES we do need a section.

I will ask Chris to create this this coming week. He is fair better with this creation than I am.

Hope you are happy with this and thank you for your ongoing contribution mate. We really appreciate it.

Regards

Wayne
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

Awesome Wayne. And thanks.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Good day All.

Hope you are all having an amazing week of roasting so far?

I am assuming you have all heard of the latest news from The World Coffee Competitions in Milan? Matt Wildon, the Switzerland brewers cup champion, used Kaffelogic to roast his competition coffee. Matt worked with Sam Corra from Ona Coffee Australia who was at the competition roasting for him and other brewers cup champions.

Matt won the competition and has been crowned the 2021 World brewers cup champion. Other champions to use the Kaffelogic for their coffees were Sebastian Miranda from Chile- An amazing barista and coffee roaster and Wildon Jr from Panama. Wildon and his family own coffee farms and have been doing amazing work on processing.

Thank you to you all for assisting and making this possible. All of you that contribute to this forum help us move the Kaffelogic and Kaffelogic Studio into this world championship space. As a team, we listen and we adapt as much as we can to make your roasting experience better.

I have created this forum page for us all to funnel our ideas for Kaffelogic, studio and training. As requested by Geronimo.

Please add your comments to : https://kaffelogic.com/community/viewforum.php?f=17 . It is under the "Support" Banner.

We are looking forward to hearing from you all here.

Regards and have a great weekend all.

Wayne, Chris and John
fnq

Post by fnq »

Congratulations KL team and MAtt et al.

Some more roasting info would be very useful ( possibly a well hidden secret of ONA coffee)
Wondering what those profiles might look like - and how many attempts made to dial in everything just right for that one bean

Cheers
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi FNQ

Thanks. We started working with Ona Coffee in March when they received their Kaffelogic.

We started working on the comp project with Sam Corra from Ona Coffee, Matt and Wildon Jr from Panama over the last 4 months or so with Sam roasting and sending coffee to the champions for a while before we sent roasters to both champions.

The focus then shift to them roasting on the same profile and calibration tasting. All through the while developing a set of roasting/brewing profiles.

I will definitely release the profiles. There is a bit of work I have to do around setting levels, writing bios and making them more user friendly for multiple coffees. The blend of specialty coffee will be incredibly hard to get for the moment. Matt used Eugenioides off finca Inmaculada and Washed Catucai roasted 5 days before comp.

Please find his set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuZfGWjE-VU

Lets also acknowledge the Chile brewers champion Sebastian Miranda who has been roasting on Kaffelogic for a while and did an amazing job at the world competition. He represented his coffee and Kaffelogic amazingly. We look forward to doing a lot of work with him as well.

Please find a link to his performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnOrI9o ... L&index=10

Enjoy and as the dust settles over the next few days, I'll get working on the profiles.

Wayne
fnq

Post by fnq »

Thanks Wayne, will keep an eye out. I was actually being a bit cheeky asking for trade secrets as such , and understand that my bean supply probably wont approximate the microlots used in the comp.

For fellow Australian KL Forum members, can I give a plug to ONA coffee in Canberra - the raspberry candy is spectacularly pleasant in a different kind of taste - not for everyday, not for every coffee but a delightful change.

Cheers Darryl