Kaffelogic Webinar On 18/19 Sept

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Geronimo

Kaffelogic Webinar On 18/19 Sept

Post by Geronimo »

Hi

Will the Kaffelogic Webinar on 18/19 Sept be recorded for those of us unable to participate live on Zoom.

Cheers
G
Wayne

Re: Kaffelogic Webinar On 18/19 Sept

Post by Wayne »

Hi G

I hope you are well?

Yes, they will be recorded. Is there anything you would like to cover in the sessions
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

Hi Wayne

That’s good you will be recording. Thanks.

Nothing that stands out, other than tips to get stability through first crack. Reducing chances of the flick and crash.

Things I am trying at the moment disabling PID through FC and a constant fan speed through FC (rather than a decreasing fan profile in the stock profiles). I’m guessing it’s a bit of trial and error to a certain extent, and if you don’t have time or outside the scope of webinar that’s cool.

Cheers
nsolling

Post by nsolling »

Wayne wrote: Mon 13 Sep, 2021 9:01 am Is there anything you would like to cover in the sessions
Hi Wayne.
I would love some information on how to create profiles. Not the stuff around actually crea I got the, but what you do to develop flavour.
The theory behind etc.

Probably not the topic for a beginner session, but could be a good session in the future.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi nsolling

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes! This is definitely part of the greater training program.

This is why we have reached out to the community first to ask you guys about what you want to have included.

By the end of this week, we will put out our next session breakdown.
mr. bean

Post by mr. bean »

I second the request for more thorough, systematic guidance on developing a profile (already assuming we know how to use the tool, but not really what to do with it!).

i.e. even assuming we start with one of the core MASL profiles for a particular bean. How do you know what to modify and why for a particular bean? What process do you go through? Do you begin with the roast log response, or the taste?

Also dealing with issues...
- Are there common reasons why beans can become erratic in temp after FC? What would you typically modify first in the profile and why?
- dealing with flick and crash (and vice versa)
- why do some beans seem to run above the line after FC?

And some of the niche profile design questions others have mentioned above, like:
- is there any value in flat lining the power during FC?
- generally what part of the roast benefits most from power profiling, and why?
- Is there value in flat lining the fan curve - either through FC or for majority of the roast (i.e. D-Roast)?
- What are the effects on heat application / roast development of significantly raising fan speed at the beginning of the roast (i.e. start at 1550 and come down to standard fan profile by 1min mark)? This solves agitation for heavy, 120g roasts, but does it create other problems??

Thanks!!
Pete

Post by Pete »

I couldn't make the scheduled time for this webinar.
Has the recording been posted anywhere yet?
zahaby

Post by zahaby »

Hello Wayne,

Can you send a link to download the recording, please?

Best Wishes.