Fault detected - Fan not running

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
gpillai

Fault detected - Fan not running

Post by gpillai »

New KF user and have been enjoying the new roasting experience after many years on the Behmor 1600. Today, did my first roast and cooling was taking way too long with no fan noise. The unit was still very hot and while it says cooling done, the status message was 0w17000 -3.8. Not sure what it was but seems like fan was not running during cooling. Unloaded the beans which was turning very dark and switched of the unit, allowing it to cool down. An hour later when the machine was cold, tried a new roast but got error message "Fault detected - fan not running". Appreciate assistance on what I need to do to fix the fan problem. Thanks.
Attachments
when I tried to do another roast
when I tried to do another roast
IMG_5691.JPG (3.35 MiB) Viewed 3806 times
status - says coolong done but still hot
status - says coolong done but still hot
IMG_5690.JPG (2.5 MiB) Viewed 3806 times
message during cooling
message during cooling
IMG_5689.JPG (2.43 MiB) Viewed 3806 times
Geronimo

Re: Fault detected - Fan not running

Post by Geronimo »

Hi

I have had this fan error as per your photo, but at the very start of the roast.

It has gone away after turning off and on, but like yourself concerned about it.

Cheers
G
fnq

Post by fnq »

I have had a similar error message to Geronimo, with the same fix,,, turn off and on after giving it a mild settling tap to the side of the roaster- only the one time by the way.
MY( guess)
- the fan and shroud have a very tight tolerance, sometimes in tipping /moving the roaster to empty beans when hot etc- the tip of the blade just makes contact with the surrounds.
The fans in one of my computers used to do this ( minus the tipping over to empty beans component). Hopefully , an easy fix and in my case a one time event.
gpillai

Post by gpillai »

Thanks for your feedback. Tried your suggestions but the fan fault error message comes on the moment I try to start the roast. Hoping it can be fixed without having to send it back. Thanks.
bangjampang

Post by bangjampang »

Hi!
I just got the same problem.

I'm also a new KL user. Got my machine around end of June. Have roasted around 30 batches, and this morning when i'm roasting it suddenly stopped mid roast. When i empty my half roasted beans, then try to start over with new batch that same message popped in.
At the moment i just leave the machine to rest first. But i wonder what is the problem? Is this isolated to the new batch of the machines?

i attached the last 2 logs, the one interrupted and the on when i try to start over.

I hope all is good and can be fixed easily...i lived in Indonesia, getting this serviced will be a lot of hassle :(

EDIT : tried turn off then turn on several times, tried load several profiles. and still not working. The Fan just won't starts so the roast cancelled 5 second in...This is really upsetting :?
Attachments
IMG_20210919_101318.jpg
IMG_20210919_101318.jpg (2.16 MiB) Viewed 3597 times
log0033.klog
(3.42 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
log0032.klog
(59.26 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
fnq

Post by fnq »

Hi bangjampang

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Make sure you give the team at KL an email , as i have found them to be very responsive and always supportive over any enquiries i have made.

I do hope it is an easy and quick fix.... so you can get your daily quick fix (coffee that is)
bangjampang

Post by bangjampang »

Yup, i have contacted them over Instagram DM's and they responded promptly. Really hope this will be sorted out soon, so i can get back roasting :D