Profile for Yemeni beans

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Amberale

Profile for Yemeni beans

Post by Amberale »

Hi folks.
It seems that Yemeni beans are hitting the marketplace for the first time in a couple of years.
Given their price and legendary status I don’t want to waste my supply of Hamasil and Ismaili.
Has anyone developed or discovered a suitable profile for these.

“Steve82” had this to say on the CS forum.

“ My most successful 350g drum roast has been 4:00 / 2:45 / 1:20 - 1:30 with a higher than usual end temp I would use for 1:30 finish time with high airflow. Could prob push this out to 2:00 and there would still be plenty of complex dried fruit among other things starting to develop, could prob pick up some extra body.

Only just refurbed my KL and might try some Mokha Ismaili on same profile ive been testing small dense Kenyan beans on (they seem to behave in similiar manner)
Something like 4:00 - 4:15 / 2:00 - 2:15 / 1:00 - 1:30 + hitting a specific end temp for personal preference using full 1400W (240V).

Anything over 1:30 finish using KL will be destroying any fruity flavours and just creating tonnes more roast and carbon....“

Unfortunately, my current level of proficiency does not allow me to transform this advice into a profile.
Yeah, I know I’m asking to be spoon fed.
It’s ok though, I’ve got a couple of years to work it out before the beans use-by date is up. ;)