New Chaff Corrector

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
BenN

New Chaff Corrector

Post by BenN »

See the news letter and FB post,. Nice clean looks and I like a lot,

Only thing I may have concern is a capacity of collector on top as some beans produce quite a bit...
is it smaller than existing whcih I can do few roast back to back without empty or some chaff monster beans with out concern.
But since it much easier to empty , i just need to do that and leave laziness behind.

I assume inner tube can be take out for washing. My glass tube is needed to wash with mild soap after several roast at the end of the day ( accumulate coffee oil and fine particle inside the tube. )

Nice design!
Ben
Amberale

Re: New Chaff Corrector

Post by Amberale »

You have a glass tube?
To quote from Grease, “Tell me more, tell me more”. :)
BenN

Post by BenN »

yes I have, check this thread.
other member started this mod and I was just about replacing 8nner tube but thanks to him I got better mod.
https://kaffelogic.com/community/viewto ... rt=10#p897
Ben
Damian

Post by Damian »

BenN wrote: Wed 17 Feb, 2021 6:24 pm I assume inner tube can be take out for washing. My glass tube is needed to wash with mild soap after several roast at the end of the day ( accumulate coffee oil and fine particle inside the tube. )
I have a couple hundred roasts through mine, I just wipe the bottom half (viewing section) with dry paper towel after I'm done for the day, about every 3 to 6 roasts.
IMG_3243.JPG
IMG_3243.JPG (2.08 MiB) Viewed 4782 times
BenN

Post by BenN »

Damian wrote: Thu 18 Feb, 2021 1:56 pm I have a couple hundred roasts through mine, I just wipe the bottom half (viewing section) with dry paper towel after I'm done for the day, about every 3 to 6 roasts.
Mine must be some imperfection on surface or beans roasting could be particularly oily or some such especially when decaf in mix. A quick washing solves and whole tube will be like new again ;)
Ben
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Yes the glass inner will come out for wiping, washing or dishwasher. Capacity will be less than the existing, but thanks for pointing out that it needs to be tested with 'chaffy' beans. There is huge variation in amounts of chaff produced.
Hawko

Post by Hawko »

$200 estimated for the one on kickstarter is a little rich fro me works out to a couple of months drinking coffee I roast to break even. I'll stick with the brown one I have now
Mark

Post by Mark »

A $90 pledge is all that's required for the new chaff collector!

Cheers Mark