Studio software compatibility

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Amberale

Studio software compatibility

Post by Amberale »

Hi folks.
Will Studio run on a Windows XP laptop?
I’m assuming the Mac version won’t work on an Ipad as there is no way to download data.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Studio software compatibility

Post by kaffelogic »

Studio is built for Windows 10, but you could try it on XP. It would do no harm to try. However I think it unlikely it will work. If there was sufficient demand we could build a version for XP, but not at the moment.

It will not work on the iPad because they use a different OS from the Mac. We plan to have a version for iOS in the future, but this is still some time away.
Amberale

Post by Amberale »

Thanks, looks like I need a new laptop.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Amberale wrote: Tue 02 Feb, 2021 1:28 am Thanks, looks like I need a new laptop.
Not necessarily. I have had a quick look and there appears to be only one issue preventing Studio from running on XP. I have built a version with a fix in it. Could be worth your while trying it out. We do want to support anyone who is trying to maximise the life of their appliances, whether that's a coffee roaster or a laptop. Please try version 4.2.10 and see if it works: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Amberale

Post by Amberale »

Wow, thanks for that.
I’ll check it out tomorrow.
Not a big problem otherwise.
I really should update anyway. :)
Amberale

Post by Amberale »

For info, I couldn’t get that to run on my old laptop.
All good though, I snaffled the Studmistress’s new one and loaded up on it.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Amberale wrote: Mon 08 Feb, 2021 12:02 pm For info, I couldn’t get that to run on my old laptop.
All good though, I snaffled the Studmistress’s new one and loaded up on it.
Thanks for trying. Looks like we are not going to be able to support XP. No surprises there, just a tinge of regret from an old timer who still remembers installing Windows 3.11 as cutting edge tech!
Amberale

Post by Amberale »

I’m hearing you.
I remember Professor Pool teaching us Fortran etc at Melbourne Uni in 1980 and using punch-cards to load tiny programs.
My partner was then working in IT at a couple of Unis when the WWW was “hatching” in the late 80s early 90s.
:)
kimuchibox4000

Post by kimuchibox4000 »

kaffelogic wrote: Sat 30 Jan, 2021 10:09 pm Studio is built for Windows 10, but you could try it on XP. It would do no harm to try. However I think it unlikely it will work. If there was sufficient demand we could build a version for XP, but not at the moment.

It will not work on the iPad because they use a different OS from the Mac. We plan to have a version for iOS in the future, but this is still some time away.
Hello! Bumping back up this 2021 post - is there still hope for an iOS/iPad OS version of Kaffelogic Studio in the future?
Ron in Van

Post by Ron in Van »

IOS compatibility is something that I too would find most useful. Then I could check a profile after a roast where the roaster is located, rather than having to move it to my desktop machine when I finish all batches for the day.

Even better would be for it to allow live monitoring of the roast to see how it is following the profile.

I hope something like this can happen in the future.