Hello from the UK

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Beeroclock

Hello from the UK

Post by Beeroclock »

Hi All

Just a quick post to introduce myself. I haven’t received my Nano 7 yet - hopefully it will arrive next week!

I’ve been roasting for a good couple of years now. My main roaster is a 1.5kg Golden GR1+ (Turkish). Before that I had a Cormorant CR600 and a Quest M3.

A search for a profile enabled sample roaster than didn’t require me to re-mortgage the house has led me to the Nano 7.

I’m based in the west of the UK near Bristol. Hoping you all have a safe and happy Christmas.

Cheers Phil
Angela

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by Angela »

Hi,

An exciting Christmas lies ahead then!

It might help other UK potential buyers, now that Bella Barista are out of the equation as a UK supplier - apparently (and thank goodness, scumbags all of them) - to say which route you used to get yours.

And with the greatest act of self harm, any government in the World has done, about to befall the UK, you have hopefully avoided the clogged ports holding up future imported goods.
Beeroclock

Post by Beeroclock »

Hi Angela

Whilst I don’t have a personal beef with Bells Barista - the situation with certain members of the CF forum who have managed to get themselves banned then re-instated as moderators is just incredible, laughable to be honest.

Good move by Kaffelogic to go in a different direction. In all honesty, I’ve gained far more knowledge and experience from other forums such as HB and groups on Facebook.

I have been lucky enough to have been accepted on the Beta program and look forward to sharing my knowledge, journey and experiences with you.

I ordered direct with Kaffelogic and the process was seamless and quick. I must admit to being keen on getting this arranged before the certain nightmare that awaits in the coming months.

Cafe Imports who I have an account with have decided to move all their UK stock back to Antwerp and whilst they’ve secured a good transport deal at £120 + VAT that makes it quite difficult for a micro roaster like myself who usually on orders a qtr pallet.

Thanks Philip
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Hi northern hemisphere people!

I'm a New Zealander based in Ireland. Saw Chris demonstrating the roaster before we left, and then my parents brought it over last summer.

I've had to lower the fan speed on some profiles as our delivery voltage is lower than in NZ. But perhaps with your impending independence, the UK will be free to have slightly stronger power! (or maybe already does!).

I've had trouble finding green beans at much discount to the roasted price (current best bet has been Pure Roast in Northern Ireland), so if you have any other suggestions, would love to hear them!

James
Beeroclock

Post by Beeroclock »

Hi James

Not sure about NI in particular, but have you looked at

Small Batch Roasting
Falcon Micro
Coffee Compass

Cheers Phil
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Very belated thanks! But delighted to discover that Falcon Micro are shipping to the EU/Republic of Ireland, and can explore some new coffees beyond the usual.
Thanks so much!!
Londonmark

Post by Londonmark »

And another hello from the UK. Backed the Kickstarter campaign and delighted that even though it didn't quite hit the target, I will soon get my hands on a 220-240V machine. Have been using a Behmor for the last 10 years or so and it's definitely on its last legs. It has also struggled a bit with voltage in my house, so happy to get a machine that should be able to deal with that.

It's going to be a long 2-3 months!