New Nano 7 and happy customer

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
bgreen

New Nano 7 and happy customer

Post by bgreen »

Hi everyone, just purchased my Nano 7 and looking for some advice. Firstly I have been roasting a single origin previously Columbian Popayan Reserve which I have enjoyed and had good comments from others. I am wondering if there is a preferred profile roast for this. I tried the Classic profile on a medium roast and it looked like a nice result. Always looking to improve though.
On that note I am looking at trying doing blending of several beans. In the first instance using what I have as a base. I would be interested in your recommendations and any advice.
Just new and keen to expand my roasts and knowledge. I used to roast with a Gene and was disappointed recently when it stopped heating, but on discovering the Nano 7, I am thinking perhaps this was the best thing that could have happened! Cheers Bruce
Nutta

Re: New Nano 7 and happy customer

Post by Nutta »

Hi,

There's lots to learn! Have a look at the Kaffelogic Cafe part of the community - there are some recorded sessions that are well worth watching, and daily sessions that you can Zoom into. Plenty to listen to and learn from.

I'd suggest steering clear of blending until you've got to grips with roasting a single origin.

Profiles - there are many contributed ones around, or you can play with your own, which is part of the fun. With your own you can have great success, or epic failure.

Roast, taste over a week or 10 days, keep notes, learn what works for you and what doesn't.

Depending on your taste, I've had plenty of luck with the default profile, and Ninja.

Cheers,
Nick
bgreen

Re: New Nano 7 and happy customer

Post by bgreen »

Hi Nick thanks for the reply and helpful advise will look at the café and take your advice re trying some single origins first. Yes lots to learn a bit overwhelming! Fund exploring though and with small batches cant too much damage …. I guess. thanks again