Manually Stopping a Roast on KL Nano

Have you discovered a good way to do something with your Kaffelogic? Share it here.
Yochiya

Manually Stopping a Roast on KL Nano

Post by Yochiya »

During a roast, hit the - button until it enters cooling mode.

You can change a a profiles roast level at any time during a roast by hitting the - or + buttons.

When roasting you might decide to manually intervene, for me the following reasons might cause this:
  • I realise I want a filter and not espresso roast
  • I think about my previous roast and decide to go 2 steps up or down (bracketing)
  • First crack is somewhat sooner/later than anticipated
  • The bean smells and looks like I want it to
Adding it here as It was not overly clear to me from RTFM.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 7.09.45 am.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 7.09.45 am.png (736.17 KiB) Viewed 6188 times
BenN

Re: Manually Stopping a Roast on KL Nano

Post by BenN »

It used to be double press the start button to force stop during the roast.
I think it was changed to start then process minus "-" button to do the stopping.

below is from firmware 7.50 change log:
"prevent cooldown from stopping if play button pressed, then roast automatically ends, then user hits minus button"
Last edited by BenN on Mon 27 Sep, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

BenN wrote: Mon 27 Sep, 2021 12:33 pm It sued to be double press the start button to force stop during the roast.
I think it was changed to start then process minus "-" button to do the stopping.

below is from firmware 7.50 change log:
"prevent cooldown from stopping if play button pressed, then roast automatically ends, then user hits minus button"
Yeah I had accidentally stopped roast with a double push several times. It’s certainly much better using the current setup, as I am always changing roast levels during roast and manually stopping.

Cheers
G
BenN

Post by BenN »

Geronimo wrote: Mon 27 Sep, 2021 12:54 pm
Yeah I had accidentally stopped roast with a double push several times. It’s certainly much better using the current setup, as I am always changing roast levels during roast and manually stopping.

Cheers
G
Same here, it was quite prone to stop accidentally. I'm grad it has updated to current setup,
Ben