Cheat the temperature probe

Have you discovered a good way to do something with your Kaffelogic? Share it here.
nrdlnd

Cheat the temperature probe

Post by nrdlnd »

Hi,
I've just been working with a profile and made some changes. I want to see the effect of the changes in the computer. I have to take the USB memory out of the machine and then put it in the computer and see if it's ok or if I want to make further changes. During that time the KL doesn't cool down so it will show wrong environment temperature when I come back to it. I know that it's know possible to set that temperature manually (but I don't know how to do it).

There is a simple way to cheat the machine. Put the machine on. Wet a brush with water and put it on the probe. This lowers the temperature on the probe around 5 deg C and most often matches the room temperature. When you see that the temp has been lowered put the machine off and then on again and it records the lower temperature as the environment temperature! This is easier than setting the temperature manually.
nrdlnd

Re: Cheat the temperature probe

Post by nrdlnd »

Hi again,
I still think this trick is useful. We have winter now and it's cold outside but also where I store my roaster between sessions it is colder than the air temperature in the house. When I put the roaster on it shows a lower temperature than the environment temperature. In this case I want the probe to read a higher temperature to mimic the environment temperature. Heat the probe and the easiest way is to blow into the roasting chamber. When the temp shows the correct temperature put the roaster off and on again. Of course it's possible to wait until the roaster has the same temperature as the room but that can take a while. I still regularly use the trick to wet the probe with a brush to cool it between roasts that I'm modifying and then put the roaster off and on when the temperature is correct.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi all

The kaffelogic unit reads and records ambient temp when it’s switched on. It will then mark that ambient temp as it’s reference point. No matter how many roasts you do or how many times you remove the usb.

The only time you lose this value is if you switch the unit off and then switch it back on. The new temp will become the reference ambient temp.

If you want to set your own reference temp.

Press 4th and 5th button at the same time- you enter manual roast mode
Press the 5th button and it will allow you to set your ambient temp .
Press 4th and 5th buttons again to exit.

Hope this helps.
nrdlnd

Post by nrdlnd »

Thank you Wayne for that information! I didn't know that I could take the USB stick out of the roaster when the machine is "on" and that it keeps the reference value. Thanks also for the info how to set the temp with the buttons.