Uneven roasting

Have you discovered a good way to do something with your Kaffelogic? Share it here.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Uneven roasting

Post by kaffelogic »

If you are getting burnt beans in among the roasted beans your Nano 7 could need re-calibration. See this article for how to do this yourself: https://kaffelogic.com/index.php/home/h ... -fan-speed
marcel

Re: Uneven roasting

Post by marcel »

Could you maybe share a short video of what you would call a good circulation, central turnover and periodic bounces?

Also, what does your calibration process look like?
marcel

Post by marcel »

Another question on this: somewhere you posted you like to test fan speed with new beans in manual mode.
I actually see a huge difference in fan speeds during manual mode and profile mode. I'd assume there are some correction factors being applied in profile mode that seemingly don't make it into manual mode. Can you confirm this?

When using manual mode I have no bean movement at all at a setting of 147, which is the starting fan speed of the default profile. But when starting the profile, I see a lot more movement.
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

marcel wrote: Tue 19 Oct, 2021 6:14 am Another question on this: somewhere you posted you like to test fan speed with new beans in manual mode.
I actually see a huge difference in fan speeds during manual mode and profile mode. I'd assume there are some correction factors being applied in profile mode that seemingly don't make it into manual mode. Can you confirm this?

When using manual mode I have no bean movement at all at a setting of 147, which is the starting fan speed of the default profile. But when starting the profile, I see a lot more movement.
Hi

Whilst waiting for an official response. I wonder if the fan calibration factor comes into play here?

Cheers
G
marcel

Post by marcel »

Hi,

fan calibration is most definetly one factor. But other factors probably come into play as was previously stated
"The Nano 7 measures two things at the start of the roast, and adjusts heater duty cycle and fan speed accordingly. They are

Ambient temperature
Supply voltage"

So the fan duty cycle gets adjusted based on supply voltage and ambient temperature. But looks like something completely different is happening in manual mode, the difference is huge. This cannot be the effect of fan calibration factor alone.
So the guidance the manual mode can provide on fan speeds is not very useful like this.