Fears of cracking the cooktop if the Kaffelogic slipped from my hands - solved!

Have you discovered a good way to do something with your Kaffelogic? Share it here.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Fears of cracking the cooktop if the Kaffelogic slipped from my hands - solved!

Post by kaffelogic »

This mod was contributed by Chris Slater, who comments: "The Sylvan label was the make of the handle and required a little bit of filing to shift one of the holes. It's possible it may need a rivnut since the aluminium case may not withstand heavy use. But for convenience it's a significant step forward."
handle.jpg
handle.jpg (408.17 KiB) Viewed 6666 times
BenN

Re: Fears of cracking the cooktop if the Kaffelogic slipped from my hands - solved!

Post by BenN »

I like!

Also, if I can find big and wide enough silicon band wapped on body it may help holding steady
One we see many hand grandees like Helor 101. :)
Ben
Lenbok

Re: Fears of cracking the cooktop if the Kaffelogic slipped from my hands - solved!

Post by Lenbok »

I finally did this mod, and am very happy with it. For those interested, the particular handle is this one: https://www.bunnings.co.nz/sylvan-gatwi ... d_p0144707 (many of the handles are designed to fasten from the back rather than the top, this is one of the few that let you screw through from the front of the handle).

As mentioned in the OP, the holes are spaced about 2mm too far apart. Rather than filing one of the holes, I put the whole handle in my bench vice and squeezed it lengthwise until the holes were the desired distance apart. I had to fasten with a couple of M4 x 10mm screws as the originals were a smidge too short (Ideally you would use countersunk screws, but I used what I had).
IMG_20210520_083413.jpg
IMG_20210520_083413.jpg (803.69 KiB) Viewed 5655 times