The Kaffelogic 12 core profiles

The 12 core profiles (plus additional profiles customised for specific microlots as they become available)
Luca

Re: The Kaffelogic 12 core profiles

Post by Luca »

I thought for completeness I should re-cup the 2.0 cupping roast with higher fan calibration, in case sitting had made it improve. It wasn't ashy, but it was pretty rough and bitter; tasted pretty baked to me.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Its reassuring to read not just me becasue the aftertaste on that cupping roast is something else!?
I tried 3 very different greens and they all tasted the same which originally made me think there was something wrong with me, pays to have known good samples vac sealed in freezer.

Worst case scenario is people in business using it to make decisions on green samples :?
vibhorkwatra

Post by vibhorkwatra »

Hi! Not trying to deviate from the topic.

But is there somewhere i can get hold of "Vienna Roast" "French Roast" "Italian Roast"
Barry O'Speedwagon

Post by Barry O'Speedwagon »

vibhorkwatra wrote: Mon 19 Feb, 2024 5:35 pm Hi! Not trying to deviate from the topic.

But is there somewhere i can get hold of "Vienna Roast" "French Roast" "Italian Roast"
Those are not 'profiles' as such. What you are referring to are some common descriptions of roast depth (i.e. how much you have 'cooked' them/how dark the beans are at the end). You could in theory produce a roast at those levels with any profile by simply increasing the the roast level. But it will taste better for profiles that have been developed to roast darker beans (e.g. Steady and Dark, Steve's MD4)