Shapeshifter

Start a new topic for a new roast profile. Reply to an existing topic to enter your comments on the profile, or to attach minor variants.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Shapeshifter

Post by kaffelogic »

This profile is capable of pulling fruit notes out of coffees such as Colombia Excelso and Mexico Altura.

It uses a power profile zone in late Maillard to eliminate roast controller over-reaction during this phase.
shapeshifter.kpro
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
mr. bean

Re: Shapeshifter

Post by mr. bean »

Thanks for sharing the shapeshifter profile. I've tried it on Colombia Excelso (as suggested!). I've also tried it on Australian Dimbulah - still trying to figure out what kind of profile to use on those (rather expensive!) beans. Here's the log results...
log0183 (shapeshifter - Columbia Excelsor).png
log0183 (shapeshifter - Columbia Excelsor).png (73.72 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
log0164 (shapeshifter - Columbia Excelsor).png
log0164 (shapeshifter - Columbia Excelsor).png (71.78 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
log0174 (Shapeshifter - Aus Dimbulah).png
log0174 (Shapeshifter - Aus Dimbulah).png (70.2 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
I didn't actually get to taste the Columbia (was roasting for a friend). The Australian seemed ok, but still not sure what to expect from this coffee! So all in all, not a very helpful post from me... haha, sorry!
kidleethal

Re: Shapeshifter

Post by kidleethal »

I recently got a Kaffelogic roaster after having roasted for about 10 years with a heat gun. I've tried to roast Mexican Altura several times without huge success. I tried again with the Kaffelogic core profile for the correct altitude and it was similar to my previous heat gun results.

I then tried some more Altura with the Shapeshifter profile and was surprised with how much more sweetness came out in the roast, which I had never tasted before with the bean. Very pleased with the results!