100g Modified Ninja Turtle - high rpm fan / Low power

Start a new topic for a new roast profile. Reply to an existing topic to enter your comments on the profile, or to attach minor variants.
Steve

100g Modified Ninja Turtle - high rpm fan / Low power

Post by Steve »

Through cupping / filter and espresso I have found Chris's Ninjaturtle to have the most promising attributes for lower power / lower rpm fan profiles. I have been playing around with more complex fan profiles to allow the high fan rpm start in first 2 min producing better agitation with high heat. The following is working pretty good and cups well alongside the same style of profiles using high power / declining ROR / increasing power profile. (My other profiles, Droast etc..)

Not really too concerned about the erratic ROR in some parts so these have no boost additions. Sometimes its just the change in Fan Profile and sometimes its just noise from the beans being much lighter like in the latter parts of the Med - Dark roast.

First is a Light - Med roast, Ninjaturtle displayed in the background with default fan profile in background of fan profile.
Default 1.8 = Light 9 min filter roast
Useful range 1.3 - 2.4
ModTurtleLM.JPG
ModTurtleLM.JPG (134.5 KiB) Viewed 4423 times
ModTurtleLMfanprofile.JPG
ModTurtleLMfanprofile.JPG (51.83 KiB) Viewed 4423 times
HRPMmodTurtleLight-Med.kpro
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 442 times

This Med - Dark version is tweaked so it hits first pops of 2nd crack around 12:00 while staying under 1350W.
Default 4.6 = first few pops 2nd crack @ 12:00
Useful range 3.3 - 5.4
ModTurtleMD.JPG
ModTurtleMD.JPG (145.53 KiB) Viewed 4423 times
ModTurtleMDfancompare.JPG
ModTurtleMDfancompare.JPG (60.63 KiB) Viewed 4423 times
HRPMmodTurtle - Med-Dark.kpro
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Anthony

Re: 100g Modified Ninja Turtle - high rpm fan / Low power

Post by Anthony »

Hey I know this is a old post but I tried the lighter roast for modified ninja turtle and I was left with a decent amount of chaff on the finished beans and just wondering if this is normal? if not how would this be solved?
Barry O'Speedwagon

Re: 100g Modified Ninja Turtle - high rpm fan / Low power

Post by Barry O'Speedwagon »

Anthony wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 1:37 pm Hey I know this is a old post but I tried the lighter roast for modified ninja turtle and I was left with a decent amount of chaff on the finished beans and just wondering if this is normal? if not how would this be solved?
What beans? Roast a bit longer if you don't like the effect (but I doubt it has any impact on the taste of the ground beans).