Recommended Profile for Ethiopian Yirgacheffe?

Share your tasting notes and evaluation of the beans you have roasted, plus evaluation of the different profiles you have used.
mr. bean

Re: Recommended Profile for Ethiopian Yirgacheffe?

Post by mr. bean »

Thanks for feeding back your results. I'll give Raost V4 and Filter O a go.

Can I ask what batch size you're roasting? I tend to use the full 120g normally.
Yochiya

Post by Yochiya »

I used 100g, would be interested to hear if there Isa discernable difference between it and 120g.
kidleethal

Post by kidleethal »

mr. bean wrote: Thu 23 Sep, 2021 10:31 pm Thanks for feeding back your results. I'll give Raost V4 and Filter O a go.

Can I ask what batch size you're roasting? I tend to use the full 120g normally.
Full 120g.

About to try Raost V4 today.
nrdlnd

Post by nrdlnd »

Hi,
Is the Yirgacheffe washed or "natural". I have just roasted my Sidamo washed bean with a modified RaostV4. I have some washed Yirgacheffe and I will try it with my modified RaostV4. Do you roast for espresso or pour over? I prefer lighter roasts for pourover.

https://kaffelogic.com/community/viewto ... 2215#p2215
kidleethal

Post by kidleethal »

Just tried a batch of Yirgacheffe roasted with Raost V4 @ 1.5, using paper V60 and metal filter Aeropress.

Definitely has the most clarity and fruitiness of all the profiles I've tried so far.
mr. bean

Post by mr. bean »

Thanks nrdlnd,

Have downloaded your modded version for the sidamo to try. I assume my Yirg is washed - it looks washed.
I roast for both espresso and pour over, but less fussy with espresso (mostly drink strong flatwhites).

And thanks for the feedback kidleethal. Did you just use the original Raost v4? (no tweaks?)
kidleethal

Post by kidleethal »

mr. bean wrote: Mon 04 Oct, 2021 10:45 pm Thanks nrdlnd,

Have downloaded your modded version for the sidamo to try. I assume my Yirg is washed - it looks washed.
I roast for both espresso and pour over, but less fussy with espresso (mostly drink strong flatwhites).

And thanks for the feedback kidleethal. Did you just use the original Raost v4? (no tweaks?)

Yes, untweaked profile.
esebast

Post by esebast »

I know this is an old post, but if you remember what days were you getting the best coffee from the RaostV4 profile on?
wilfong

Post by wilfong »

I'm making a note to try Raost v4 on my next roasting session with some Ethiopian Zelelu Ararso from the Yirgacheffe region. My plan is to report back here with results.