Will Nucleus Link Profiles Be Compatible?

pippino

Will Nucleus Link Profiles Be Compatible?

Post by pippino »

I read https://dailycoffeenews.com/2023/03/06 ... to-the-us/, which seems to come with its own set of profiles that could be interesting to Kaffelogoc owners. Since the hardware seems to be largely the same, I’m wondering if these profiles will be interchangeable, and whether they’ll be available. Does anyone know the answers?
SeanBrews

Re: Will Nucleus Link Profiles Be Compatible?

Post by SeanBrews »

No, Nucleus profiles will not be cross compatible with Kaffelogic. The core profiles on the Link unit are designed around its specific use case and firmware. Putting Link profiles on a KL will not be recognized and visa versa.
pippino

Post by pippino »

Thank you for the answer!

How is the use case of the Nucleus different from the Nano 7? The Nucleus product website claims:
It is the perfect companion for professionals to small roast batches to cup, sample or brew blissfully.
This seems similar to the Kaffelogic, even though I perceive the Kaffelogic to be more focused on personal small batch brewing and not professional cupping - but do those two use cases require different hardware / firmware?

I was just wondering what these additional profiles are about. If they are focused on roasting I would have loved the additional "guided playground" surface it would add to the Kaffelogic. That's the beauty of software controlled hardware after all. I guess I could create the same / similar custom profiles for the Kaffelogic if I had the knowledge, but I'm no world champion in roasting, so seeing these profiles would be interesting. I'd understand if access to these profiles was paid too.

I'm not trying to advertise another product here, quite the opposite - I'm just trying to get the most out of my Nano 7!
SeanBrews

Post by SeanBrews »

Although the Link and Nano7 are similar, they are two different machines. This was very much a collaboration for a different unit with a different target audience rather than a v1/v2 situation.

The work that has been put into the Nucleus profiles is no less than extensive. The firmware of the machines differ and they operate slightly differently. The Link profiles are not just profiles, but are dialed in specifically to the Link ecosystem. This involves using the density tube and Link App. The system has been made to work a specific way. If a user somehow used one of the profiles on a KL it would not work as the calibration parameters are specific to Link.

Don't feel bad for discussing Link, we are very much involved and are proud of the work we are doing with Nucleus Coffee Tools.
TimmiLatte

Post by TimmiLatte »

Hi Sean,

I may be directing the question to the wrong person, but you seem to know a bit about the Link and I have taken the dangerous risk of assuming you might have worked with either Kaffelogic or Nucleus at some point. I'll jump into the conversation with my question anyway haha.

I've also been curious as to how the Link is different to the Kaffelogic, but most replies seems to be quite vague in my mind. I understand that might just be due to my own lack of understanding though. For example, if the Link profiles are "dialled in specifically to the Link Ecosystem" that means nothing to me and what it offers me that's different to the Kaffelogic, which I'm sure you could say their profiles are also dialed in specifically for the Kaffelogic system.

I guess what I would love to know is:
How will the changes within the system affect or benefit me if I were to use the Link over the Kaffelogic?
What kind of extensive work has been put into it?
What features or quality/design changes are there?

There's almost no real information on the Nucleus website and no one seems to be able to give me any specific answer as to what the actual changes are.